Return to St Andrews Open home page

The Eden Course

6,200 yards
Par 70

With continuing pressure on the existing Old, New and Jubilee courses, the Eden Course was opened in 1914. The course was designed by Harry Shapland Colt, a renowned course designer with credits including CC of Detroit (USA), Rye (England), Pine Valley (USA) and Wentworth (England).

It takes its name from the Eden Estuary, which borders several of the holes.

Major alterations took place in 1989, under the guidance of Donald Steel who had recently completed the lengthening of the Jubilee Course. This saw the lose of the 1st, 2nd, 17th and 18th - with the land being given over for the creation of the golf practice centre.

The course is well known for the long-running Eden Tournament; the annual competition is a major event on the British Amateur circuit.

 


Any site comments, including technical, please tell us
Home ~ Last updated 16 July, 2015 ~ Site Map