Return to St Andrews Open home page

Golf Clubs in St Andrews

St Andrews Links are public courses and not attached to any particular golf club. Over the years a number of local golf clubs have developed in the town and are now well-established. Members have privileges and playing rights on the Links.

The three men's clubs are the Royal & Ancient, the St Andrews Golf Club and the New Golf Club. The ladies' clubs are St Rule Club and St Regulus Golf Club.

   

Royal and Ancient Golf Club

The R&A is a private golf club and is also the governing body of golf throughout the world outside the USA. Dates from 1754 when 22 noblemen presented a Silver Club to be played for annually over the St Andrews Links.

St Andrews Golf Club

Established in 1843 by eleven local tradesmen. The membership soon expanded including Alan Robertson and Tom Morris, the foremost golfers of the day.

 

New Golf Club

Established in 1902

 

St Rule Club

 

 

St Regulus Golf Club

 

   


Any site comments, including technical, please tell us
Home ~ Last updated 16 July, 2015 ~ Site Map